Skip to main content

Blessing in times of famine





This is the most difficult thing to believe especially in the time of famine but that’s the promise of Lord that we as a children of God have.



 

How it is possible????

If the whole world is in famine or in financial crisis how we can believe that this famine can never touch us. Let’s see what bible says and also see what Lord had promised us.

 

The Lord promised to Abraham:



Now out of nowhere Abraham heard a voice of the Lord which said “Get out of your country, from your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you.” Abraham obeyed the voice and did what was instructed and later he was tested in many ways not because he was doubted or to make him weak but to make him strong and stable in Faith. The more he was tested the more he became strong. So that is the reason Abraham is called the “Father of Faith”. In our spiritual life we have to be tested to be promoted to next level. That is why David mentioned in Psalms 7:9 that “For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds”. This was a short background of my topic; now let’s have a deeper study how the Lord gave the promise to Abraham and how it is applicable to us.

 

Now as we know that our God has a Fatherly heart i.e. he wants to give us more and more as we are his children, this is what happened with Abraham, I believe that our Lord decided to give a big promise to Abraham which will not only be for Abraham but also for the descendants of Abraham. So the Lord thought before giving the blessing He would confirm Abraham is faithful or not. So in Genesis 22:1-4 2: “Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” 3 So Abraham rose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son; and he split the wood for the burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him. Then on the third day Abraham lifted his eyes and saw the place afar off. 5 And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the [a]lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.” 



I believe that the real test was not sacrificing Isaac (Lord’s promised son), it was the three days journey with his son, I just imagine that how critical that three days would be for Abraham at the age of 100 year he had a son and the same son he will be scarifying. My dear brother and sister sometime we may say “Lord I love you with my whole heart” but if such situation enters in our life few show their back and few just give up but that didn’t happened in Abraham’s case he obeyed Lord he did not even asked God why you want my son or he didn’t murmured or compliant against God he just obeyed and just wanted to do what God had instructed him to do. The very reason I believe Abraham can do such faithful things is because he had a deeper relationship with God, his relationship did not dependent in this world things or need, he knew that it will be fulfilled by the Lord who had promised me that, He will bless me and make me a great nation Genesis 12:2. He never compliant about anything because he knew who is taking care of him, because of that the Lord personally came to meet Abraham and discussed his future plans that He would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah but considering the request of Abraham he sent his angels to protect Lot and their household. My dear readers today the God is the same the only things that need to be change is we and our mindset, our relationship or walk with God should not be dependent in the worldly things even our heavenly Father does not wants us to be struggled or seeking for the answers, our relationship should only be depended on Him, because He is Love 1 John 4:8. Whenever any unexpected things strike us thank God because He is taking care of us 1 Peter 5:7. Then what’s next when Abraham was above to put the knife on Isaac the Angel of the Lord stopped him. Yes my dear brothers and sisters we may think that this situation have just come to destroy me but the one who trust in the lord anything that come is for the good Romans 8:27. When Daniel was put in the Lion cave he still trusted in the Lord, no matter what come he choose death instead of giving up his prayerful life and as we all know our lord is the shield Psalm 28:7 he closed the mouth of the Lion and later he was promoted to a higher level.

 


So let’s get back to our topic, because Abraham was faithful God has given abundance of blessing let’s see in 

Genesis 22:16-18 6 and said: “By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.” 

This makes more valuable where God had sworn Himself so that nobody above the earth, in the earth or beneath the earth can steal this from Abraham. Even in the famine or crisis etc. This promise is made for us which nobody can steal from us. So how we are eligible for this blessing, let’s see how in Genesis 22:18 it is written that your seed will be blessed then how we are the seed of Abraham being in the New Testament. Let’s read Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. This is the direct link and proof that if we are in Christ then we are the seed of Abraham and we all are eligible of the Blessings which Lord had promised Abraham.

 

Joseph being Blessing to Egypt



 

I don’t want to make this a long blog so there are many examples, but this specific example I believe is perfect, you can learn many things from Joseph life read Genesis 37 to 50 you will be encourage and it will help us to overcome every obstacle that comes in our way and not only that by the promise we can convert the obstacle into blessing. Yes it’s true; I want to share just one story from Joseph’s life and end this blog, even though he was tested like many others saints he was promoted spiritually and physically in ever test which was given to him. The one gift that gave him the biggest promotion was interpreting the Kings dreams, yes my dear brothers and sisters the King had a dream and he was really confused who will interpret this dream to make the long story short Joseph interpreted the Kings dream and became the Prime Minister of Egypt and that not the End because of him the Egyptian lived a blessed life when the whole world was in famine and this is not the End when the Lord promised Abraham that He will make Abraham a nation, because of Joseph the whole Israel lived instead of dying. Is this not a blessing my dear brothers and sisters. The last thing I want you all to know that the same blessing is passed to this generation the only thing required is being in Christ James 4:8. So what are we here waiting for let’s trust the Lord, spend the time in prayer and receive the blessing which is stored for us.

 




 

9 For you are recognizing [more clearly] the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [His astonishing kindness, His generosity, His gracious favor], that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that by His poverty you might become rich (abundantly blessed).


2 Corinthians 8:9 (AMP)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trusting God in the midst of Storm

Imagine, we are in a very tough situation, where we find ourselves all alone every door is closed and there is no hope left except failure. This is the situation where everyone has been experienced once in a lifetime. Even I have experienced and still experiencing in my life.   Previously, I used to think why me?? My friends & surrounding people they are living a very good life, they are in a good condition, then why I have such lack, depression and trouble in my life. There was such a time, where I was in the hunt for the Job and was miserably failing wherever I used to apply Job. I was very much in a hopeless situation and I can never imagine what my future was and I could never imagine what’s next. At that time I use to lock myself in a room all alone and cried day and night and that time I asked God  Why I should face this situation? What you want me to do right now? Why this pain in my life? Then one fine day the Lord answered me and said there are around some million

Chasing for God’s will

What is God’s plan/will for my life??? This is the most asked question by the believers. In my Earlier days when I had my first encounter with the holy spirit, I really was very desperate to know What is God’s plan over my life? I went to many prophets just to ask this particular question, they also replied according to guidance of the Holy Spirit. It took more than two to three years to understand what is the exactly God’s will for my life and what is the process to know the will of God, I believe it is applicable to each and every believers Before knowing the will of God, I just want to highlight few things which we as a believer should be aware, before the creation, we were in the plan of our Father he knew exact date and time before we were even placed in our mother’s womb Jeremiah 1:5 and no human being is born without a purpose, if you and I are right now breathing it’s God’s plan, knowing God’s Plan is a good thing but before knowing God’s plan we should know Who is our G

Why Lockdown? And what’s next after lockdown?

  Will I be Jobless??? How will I earn and who will look after my family? Will economy rate come down? What about the stock market? How can I handle this crisis?     These questions are often asked by the people around us?                                                          Off-course the world is surrounded by these questions. When we switch on the news channel it is full of lockdown news and little by little the people are getting used to it. But let’s talk about today’s topic what’s next after lockdown as a Christian Believer?   I know some may have lost their respective Jobs and many have been told to put their resignation because of the costing cutting. I don’t want to disappoint anyone but want to convey and encourage each and everyone that in the midst of the wilderness our lord prepares the way (Isaiah 43:24) what an awesome God we worship. Amen     At this moment let’s see what the Bible tells about the lockdown. When we read about the Lockdo