Skip to main content

Lord, the pleasant help in our distress


We as a human being can understand or have the technology to identify the Physical wounds which we can see or feel. The medicines also been developed to heal such wounds but there is a pain which nowadays is just been ignored due to social media and lack of communication with our near and dear ones. This is not a physical pain but mentally pain and this is a dangerous pain which leads the human to end the life. This is like a slow poison but the end of this is very dangerous no human can ever imagine. We may name this mental pain as depression, distress, unhappiness, sorrow etc. some survive but many don’t. It takes to that point where it makes us believe that ending the life is the only solution. According to Google there are 16.5 suicides per 100,000 people and most of the cases is due to depression or distress. It’s very strange but it’s the fact.

                                                                                            


Let me share with you one story which I saw in the news channel, a minor boy whose age was under 18 year, he was rich, so he had everything that he needed car, house, own mobile etc. He was a very active guy in the social media platform. He used to share every single incident in social media and after long time his family realized that this boy is addicted to this Social media. Because they were rich they tried their level best to separate the mobile from him with top Psychiatric, Doctors and Counselors etc. They couldn’t do that, instead the boy went into depression which was unexpected he attempted to end his life several time but he failed, there after few months later he went to the top most hotel and ended his life climbing from the Hotel. Before ending his life he was having live video chat, later it was revealed that the parents of that boy had never spent time with him they were busy earning the money, saving the money for the child future and after listening to the story I came to know to that boy really required help which was not provided in the right time. We may have come across these stories, when we read newspaper at least one news will be of Suicide due to depression or distress, which is very sad.



 

I know many of us may be going or may have gone through this situation. I believe that in such situation we need a help, who can not only understand us but also can make us to come out that situation. I know it’s not easy because in such distress we mostly don’t like to talk or share the things or we don’t trust at that moment. So let me make you understand with these two true stories in the bible which will not only encourage you but also will teach you to defeat the depression

 

1 Samuel 17 (Full passage), 18: 1-19

Here is one of the story of David where the king Saul was afraid of Goliath because he was a Giant, therefore he was unable to defeat Goliath, so he announced that whosoever defeat this Giant, he will not only be with me but also I will give my first daughter Merab as a wife. To make the long story short, David defeated the Giant by the strength of the Lord.  When people of Israel started praising David more than King Saul, King Saul started feeling jealous of David. He wanted to kill David; on the other hand he was also afraid of David because the Lord was with David. So he decided to not only hurt David physically but also he wanted to hurt him mentally. So I wanted to highlight this particular Bible verse of 1 Samuel 18: 17-19)

17 Then Saul said to David, “Here is my older daughter Merab; I will give her to you as a wife. Only be valiant for me, and fight the Lord’s battles.” For Saul thought, “Let my hand not be against him, but let the hand of the Philistines be against him.”

18 So David said to Saul, “Who am I, and what is my life or my father’s family in Israel, that I should be son-in-law to the king?” 19 But it happened at the time when Merab, Saul’s daughter, should have been given to David, that she was given to Adriel the Meholathite as a wife.

When King Saul committed David that he will give his older daughter Merab as a wife but at last moment he had given his daughter to some other person. Later Saul had given his second daughter Michal but when David fled from Saul (because he was chasing for his life). He again gave his second daughter to some other person.

Imagine how David must have felt at that moment when he was insulted in front of Israel and also how his heart may have broken, my dear brothers and sisters in our life the instance or story may be different but the pain remains the same. So what did David did, he took help, not from any human but from the Lord that he trusted and worshiped day and night. That’s the reason David writes in Psalms 9:9 The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Amazing the Lord helped David to overcome this depression

 



Luke 22: 39-46

This is when Jesus Prayed before the Crucifixion, at that time he was literally in deep depression. We cannot even imagine the level of depression, it is written that, 

44 And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. What a depression that he was into, instead of sweating his blood was falling dropping like a sweat and in that very moment he was just praying to the Father that, 

42 Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.

Now why the Father allowed his only begotten son (John 3:16) to face such an agony, because when we will be facing such Situation, the Lord wants us to remind that no matter what’s the situation is I had already defeated it. Now if you believe in me (i.e. the Lord) nothing can hold you back. My dear brothers and sisters I just wanted you to know that no matter how bigger your trouble looks like, our Jesus is greater than our trouble. I know it’s hard to believe but it is fact. If you want, you can test this thing, I personally tested and it really worked for me and I believe that it will too work for you. Amen

 



Psalm 120:1-2

In my distress I cried to the Lord,

And He heard me.

2 Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips

And from a deceitful tongue. 


If you like the blog please share it with your near and dear once. So that they too can be blessed with you. 

If you have any question you can comment below so that I can answer and also if you have any feedback you can share with me

Don't forget to follow the Blog to get the latest updates on my blog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trusting God in the midst of Storm

Imagine, we are in a very tough situation, where we find ourselves all alone every door is closed and there is no hope left except failure. This is the situation where everyone has been experienced once in a lifetime. Even I have experienced and still experiencing in my life.   Previously, I used to think why me?? My friends & surrounding people they are living a very good life, they are in a good condition, then why I have such lack, depression and trouble in my life. There was such a time, where I was in the hunt for the Job and was miserably failing wherever I used to apply Job. I was very much in a hopeless situation and I can never imagine what my future was and I could never imagine what’s next. At that time I use to lock myself in a room all alone and cried day and night and that time I asked God  Why I should face this situation? What you want me to do right now? Why this pain in my life? Then one fine day the Lord answered me and said there are around some million

Chasing for God’s will

What is God’s plan/will for my life??? This is the most asked question by the believers. In my Earlier days when I had my first encounter with the holy spirit, I really was very desperate to know What is God’s plan over my life? I went to many prophets just to ask this particular question, they also replied according to guidance of the Holy Spirit. It took more than two to three years to understand what is the exactly God’s will for my life and what is the process to know the will of God, I believe it is applicable to each and every believers Before knowing the will of God, I just want to highlight few things which we as a believer should be aware, before the creation, we were in the plan of our Father he knew exact date and time before we were even placed in our mother’s womb Jeremiah 1:5 and no human being is born without a purpose, if you and I are right now breathing it’s God’s plan, knowing God’s Plan is a good thing but before knowing God’s plan we should know Who is our G

Why Lockdown? And what’s next after lockdown?

  Will I be Jobless??? How will I earn and who will look after my family? Will economy rate come down? What about the stock market? How can I handle this crisis?     These questions are often asked by the people around us?                                                          Off-course the world is surrounded by these questions. When we switch on the news channel it is full of lockdown news and little by little the people are getting used to it. But let’s talk about today’s topic what’s next after lockdown as a Christian Believer?   I know some may have lost their respective Jobs and many have been told to put their resignation because of the costing cutting. I don’t want to disappoint anyone but want to convey and encourage each and everyone that in the midst of the wilderness our lord prepares the way (Isaiah 43:24) what an awesome God we worship. Amen     At this moment let’s see what the Bible tells about the lockdown. When we read about the Lockdo