Skip to main content

Seeking first the Kingdom of God


As a believer we should know, what we are seeking for or what is the priority of God in our life, mostly it depends on the need, for example if there is a need of money we seek for someone rather than God who will borrow some Money. This is the situation I believe many may have experienced in our life; even I had too experienced the same in my life and ended up in disaster. My dear brothers and sisters, I know it is not easy to trust in the Lord in such situation but it’s not impossible to do so. Our Lord needs just a mustard seed of faith, rest all he will provide us in its decided time.  This is one of most important things that we should never forget, yes I understand in critical situation we don’t remember such things but we have to train our mind in such a way that when trouble comes we should not lose our focus from God.


So in this blog I wanted to give few revelations which I had received through the Holy Spirit and I truly believe that it will be helpful for you to Seek first the Kingdom of God in any situation.

 

In my childhood days I remembered one question which was ask in 3rd standard which will be relevant with this topic “what is the basic need of Man?” And the answer was food, clothing and shelter.  This answer is somehow true according to the world and being a human being we are always worried and running after these things. I believe that “Worry” is the biggest enemy for a believer, because when we start worrying we do the things which we shouldn't  do and also we give space to the enemy to enter and end up with a disaster results. I believe Lord have a greatest plan in every situation in our life. He wants us to overcome every trouble, instead of losing our Faith.

  


Now let’s see in the scripture, though there are many scripture, I want to take one scripture which will not only help us to understand the power of seeking God's kingdom first but also will teach us what we should do when trouble comes. 


I believe that there is only one time in the Bible it is written that Jesus slept; let’s see the situation when Jesus slept because Jesus sleep was very limited at the night time because when we read the scripture during his ministry, he used to minister from Morning till night and at night He used to spend time in Prayer (i.e. communicating with Father)



 

In Matthew 8:24-27 Amplified Bible (AMP) it is written that

 

24 And suddenly a violent storm arose on the sea, so that the boat was being covered by the waves; but Jesus was sleeping. 25 And the disciples went and woke Him, saying, “Lord, save us, we are going to die!” 26 He said to them, “Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?” Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was [at once] a great and wonderful calm [a perfect peacefulness]. 27 The men wondered in amazement, saying, “What kind of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”

Imagine how deep the sleep was even the storms and waves were unable to wake him up. The disciples were all worried and helpless, some were even praying for their life but Jesus was all courageous, it was as if he knew that this situation cannot do any harm to Him.This is the time where he chooses to rest because He knew this wind has no authority over Him unless and until Father allows it. That’s the preparation the Lord had and the same thing he teaches us, when the wave covered the boat and there was no hope of getting out of the wave in the midst of such situation he rested and the spiritual meaning of resting is spending time with Father,


then what’s next when the disciples wakes Jesus what was the response? The very first question that Jesus asked to the disciples that Why are you afraid? In other word have you forgotten that I am in the same boat or have you forgotten all the wondrous work that you saw, you men of little faith? 

 Then Jesus rebuked the wind and immediately it stopped. In the midst of the trouble we forget that Jesus is bigger than our trouble. Whenever I read this passage, I feel so encouraged that I can't express, look at the relation between the Father and Jesus, how Jesus rested in the middle of storm (problem), what a faith it is. I sometime lack such faith.





 

How this happened??

 

This is the power of seeking first the kingdom of God; we often put God at last when the trouble comes and that’s the biggest mistakes we do. Jesus never prayed at the last or in the trouble he just rested and trusted God at all times, he never spoke about the mountain (troubles) instead he commanded the mountain (troubles) and the mountain obeyed him. There is a famous saying “If we work God rest and If we rest God work”. We should know what is our part and what is the Lord’s part, running after our need is not our part because in Matthew 6:33-34 it is clearly written that seek first the kingdom of God [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God] and the thing which you need will be added to you, don’t worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will worry about itself.


So my dear brother and sister if we are seeking the needs, let’s change our path right now and start seeking the kingdom of God and allow our Lord to do his part because in Matthew 6:8 it is written that before we ask he know our need. I suggest you all to read Matthew chapter 6 fully, I believe it carries lot of anointing and most of our questions are been answered.

 

Matthew 6:25, 32-34 Amplified Bible (AMP)

25 “Therefore I tell you, stop being worried or anxious (perpetually uneasy, distracted) about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, as to what you will wear. Is life not more than food, and the body more than clothing?

32 For the [pagan] Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; [but do not worry,] for your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.

34 “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



If you like the blog please share it with your near and dear once. So that they too can be blessed with you. 

If you have any question you can comment below so that I can answer and also if you have any feedback you can share with me

Don't forget to follow the Blog to get the latest updates on my blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trusting God in the midst of Storm

Imagine, we are in a very tough situation, where we find ourselves all alone every door is closed and there is no hope left except failure. This is the situation where everyone has been experienced once in a lifetime. Even I have experienced and still experiencing in my life.   Previously, I used to think why me?? My friends & surrounding people they are living a very good life, they are in a good condition, then why I have such lack, depression and trouble in my life. There was such a time, where I was in the hunt for the Job and was miserably failing wherever I used to apply Job. I was very much in a hopeless situation and I can never imagine what my future was and I could never imagine what’s next. At that time I use to lock myself in a room all alone and cried day and night and that time I asked God  Why I should face this situation? What you want me to do right now? Why this pain in my life? Then one fine day the Lord answered me and said there are around some million

Chasing for God’s will

What is God’s plan/will for my life??? This is the most asked question by the believers. In my Earlier days when I had my first encounter with the holy spirit, I really was very desperate to know What is God’s plan over my life? I went to many prophets just to ask this particular question, they also replied according to guidance of the Holy Spirit. It took more than two to three years to understand what is the exactly God’s will for my life and what is the process to know the will of God, I believe it is applicable to each and every believers Before knowing the will of God, I just want to highlight few things which we as a believer should be aware, before the creation, we were in the plan of our Father he knew exact date and time before we were even placed in our mother’s womb Jeremiah 1:5 and no human being is born without a purpose, if you and I are right now breathing it’s God’s plan, knowing God’s Plan is a good thing but before knowing God’s plan we should know Who is our G

Why Lockdown? And what’s next after lockdown?

  Will I be Jobless??? How will I earn and who will look after my family? Will economy rate come down? What about the stock market? How can I handle this crisis?     These questions are often asked by the people around us?                                                          Off-course the world is surrounded by these questions. When we switch on the news channel it is full of lockdown news and little by little the people are getting used to it. But let’s talk about today’s topic what’s next after lockdown as a Christian Believer?   I know some may have lost their respective Jobs and many have been told to put their resignation because of the costing cutting. I don’t want to disappoint anyone but want to convey and encourage each and everyone that in the midst of the wilderness our lord prepares the way (Isaiah 43:24) what an awesome God we worship. Amen     At this moment let’s see what the Bible tells about the lockdown. When we read about the Lockdo